May I ask why....

... you are no longer making jewellery?

Recently a lot of people have been asking me this question. So why have I stopped making jewellery?

Mr D and I moved house at the beginning of October and I haven't made a single piece of jewellery since then. If I'm honest, my jewellery supplies have barely been unpacked. I soon cam to realise that my heart just wasn't in it. The jewellery I was making was classed as "Costume Jewellery" and I'm more of a Sterling Silver and Pearls kinda gal myself. I felt that I needed to have a passion for my craft and actually want to wear the items I was making.

I'm going to be completely open and throw myself out there. Unlike many people I took up jewellery making not because I love it but with an intention to make money. I started dabbling in jewellery making towards the end of last year but it was in January of this year when I was made redundant that Pretty by Pistachio began and became my job for a while. I knew I couldn't afford to make it full time but it kept me going throughout the three months that I didn't have a job. I tried to keep it going once I found a job and succeeded for a while but I now feel that it is time to move on.

I know that my craft is out there somewhere, and I am determined to find it.

So there you have it. Why I have stopped making jewellery.

Comments

1 Response to "May I ask why...."

Sophie said... 11 November 2009 at 20:48

Aw, that is a shame, but it's good that you've been honest and are determined to find your 'thing'. I'm sure you will figure out what kind of craft is for you, and I'm sure it'll be as good as your jewellery. x

Welcome...

... to LovebyLouise, a blog about all things pretty. You can expect a variety of daily features including window shopping, beautiful boutiques, featured seller, weekend deals and monthly giveaways. LovebyLouise is also a place for me to talk about my wedding plans.

Followers: